Friday, June 23, 2006

Favorite types of ice cream?

Many people tell me Ben & Jerry's Phish Food. I haven't had it yet, what exactly is that? For me, personally, I really like Tillamook Ice Cream. It's made in Tillamook, Oregon, and has been one of the best tasting ice creams I have ever had in my life. So far we have tried: Mint Chocolate Chip (5/5), Oregon Strawberry (4/5, if you love strawberries, you will love this), Chocolate Peanut Butter (which my husband proclaims is a 10/5, I haven't tried it), Tillamook Mudslide (this one is a Chocolate Lover's Paradise, 5/5), Udderly Chocolate (5/5). Next up we'll be trying Marionberry, and Espresso Latte (I think that's what it is called).

Another thing is, everyone has raved to me about how "great" the Cold Stone Creamery is. Well, my little girl had a coupon for a freebie Kid's Creation, so we went over there and ordered some ice cream for ourselves. My husband went with a small Chocolate Lover's Creation, and I had the small Banana Caramel Crunch Creation. While it was a nice treat for a hot day, I think it's a bit overpriced and overrated. IMO, it was as good as Baskin Robbins. It just didn't really do much for me, and the prices were outrageous as well.

Do you prefer sorbets? Ice Creams? Or other icy treats during the hot summer?

3 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Blogger jouettelove said...

I love Tillamook. My hub stands by his Udderly Chocolate -or preveiously known as Brown Cow. It is our family's fave as well.

I am, however, a huge fan of Cold Stone, I'm not sure what it is, but I just lurve the stuff, all smooth and creamy after they have mushed all my favorite flavors together by hand. I do agree that it is over-priced, but still...mmm.

 
At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had some Khalua n' Cream ice cream in a waffle cone today it was pretty darned good.

During the summer I prefer slurpies to actually eating ice cream or sorbets.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Jouette, we LOVE Udderly Chocolate in this household! We're bigtime Chocolate Ice cream fanatics. LOL.

Nikki, That Khaulua n'Cream sounds DELISH! I would love to find that. Maybe Baskin Robbins has something similar.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home