Saturday, December 16, 2006

Cookie dohhh

We decided to do some baking tonight (again). Last night we did baking so I could be prepared for a Christmas party I was invited to on Tuesday, but tonight my husband, daughter and I got in on the cookie action. I made the dough, which I followed a very simple Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe posted on a board I frequent:

Cream together:

2 c. crisco
1c. white sugar

2 c. brown sugar

2 tsp. vanilla


Add:
4 beaten eggs


Sift together and add:

5 c. flour
1 tsp. salt

2 tsp. baking soda

Add chocolate chips (about 2 cups) last. Bake on greased cookie sheet at 375°F for 10 minutes or less. Do not overbake. Yields about 5 dozen if made into walnut sized balls.




I made two different varieties, Butterscotch and Chocolate Mint Chip, and instead of two tsp of Vanilla Extract I used one tsp of Vanilla Extract as well as 1 tsp of Pure Peppermint Extract. My husband and daughter were in charge of putting the cookie dough on the cookie sheets and baking them. Very delicious cookies, and we are pleased. Now I can freeze some for Christmas, unless they magically disappear (which is known to happen in this household!).

Here is a very happy child with a bowl full of Butterscotch Chip cookies:

6 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Blogger Mazenbloo said...

OMGosh that looks SO good! Are ya gonna share!

PS I hope this comment works! LOL I switched to Beta...ugh.

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

It works! Beta is a pain, isn't it???

Heck yeah I will share...anything to get these cookies out of the clutches of my Cookie Monsters (DH & DD)...oyyy.

:)

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Donna @ Snowbound said...

Yes, they look good. I'm in the middle of making them right now.

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger wheresmymind said...

I'd like half chocolate chip/half butterscotch!

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I've had a night or two where I will just make the dough, sit down with it and a gallon of milk, and make myself sick while watching bad movies.

It's so frickin' wonderful.

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

You eat the dough RAW!?! Don't you get ill?? I can't eat it without getting ill!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home