Monday, December 11, 2006

What's on your music list?

I found this nifty thing that allows you to add your favorite music to a player and you can listen to it online. Here is a list that I will probably be adding to later on down the road, but you'll get a general idea of what kind of music I like.

Now, I have an odd taste in music, but one genre of music you will never see on my list is country. I can't stand it. I can't tell you why, and I'll listen to the cheesy country (like Billy Ray Cyrus' "Achy Breaky Heart"), but I just cannot deal with country music. No offense to country music lovers, I guess we all have our tastes. For example, I know so many people who hate rap, and I like some of it. Not all, but some.

I'm tagging the following people and asking, what are on your music playlists?

Cakegrrl
Jeff of C is for Cooking
Cairo (hey, dawgs gotta have music, no?)
Lemony
Siuan
Vinegar Martinis
Garrett of Vanilla Garlic
Janelle of Talk of Tomatoes
Fisherman's Blues

Enjoy! :)


6 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, Blogger Kate said...

That is just too cool. Now I have to play with this!

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger janelle said...

Jen!

I am seriously defunct in the music department, any true list I create will be result of my music-study-mode via my 2007 resolution. The short version? I grew up under a rock and listened to almost no music. I have not adequately taken the time to educate myself. But via my kiddos (who are getting ipods for Christmas) I am determined to learn all I can about who is who and what is cool in the world of music. SO you will have to forgive my delayed response; I will have to post some faves from my kids' play list and my own, all at once sometime in January... or before if I get really brave, or drunk, whichever comes first.

But I will tell you this much: same same on the country music. Not for me as a whole. Did have some collegiate exposure to Tina Turner, Janet Jackson and Pearl Jam. The last few years Alanis Morisette, Jewel, Sarah McLoughlin and now for Christmas I am all warmed up with Harry Connick. Geez, sorry for the long comment!

Thanks for helping me set my 2007 music resolution agenda: you rock! Literally!

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Kate, isn't it cool what you can find online these days?? It's like a virtual Ipod!

Janelle, no worries! I love hearing from you, talk all you want! :) Music has always been an integral part of my life, I grew up around a bunch of musical nuts. My daughter is quite the rocker. I'm sure she would LOVE to have an Ipod but I'll wait til she's a little bit older..LOL! She DOES have a Karaoke machine complete with tape deck and CD player I got for $5 at a garage sale. :D

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger lemony said...

I'm with you on the country thing. I think Martina McBride has a kick-ass voice, but no matter how hard I try, I cannot make myself like her music. Country just doesn't do it for me. I tell myself it's a pretty safe bet most country fans aren't listening to Live or Seether so it all evens out.

:)

xo

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Mazenbloo said...

Very cool indeed!

And I love love love the old style/bluegrass type country music! The Oh Brother Where Are Thou soundtrack ROCKS!

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Lemony, there are certain country songs and singers I don't mind...Johnny Cash being one of them, but the new stuff, like Toby Keith, and the twangy stuff? I just can't deal. Can't put my finger on it either.

Sher & Mazenbloo, old time country I don't mind...Patsy Cline, even some George Strait (old stuff) I don't mind...but the new stuff...ICK! I still haven't seen Oh Brother Where Art Thou, I will have to rent that movie. I heard a couple of songs from it...good music.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home