Thursday, December 14, 2006

Peppermint Bark

is the rage this year. If you're anything like me, trying to avoid the fat and sugar ladened foods this holiday, it can be quite a challenge, but I'm thinking now that I have gotten over my no-baking bug, I will take the opportunity to start up again. Now, I absolutely adore Peppermint Bark, but I am going to make it as gifts so it won't be sitting around my house and tempting me. Thanks to Talk of Tomatoes and Vanilla Garlic, I have a recipe to make my own. Unfortunately, we do not have a Trader Joe's nearby (yet, they are building one in Bellingham on James Street soon), and I don't want to drive to Bellingham to go to the Food Co-op just for white chocolate, so I picked up Nestle White Chocolate Chips and well, we'll see how good they turn out. Only thing is, I totally forgot to pick up wax paper, so when this crazy weather (yes, AGAIN!! More snow is on the way, arghhhhhh!!!!!) slows down, I will go back to the store.

If you would like the recipes, you can click on those links above to the blogs and find one to suit your needs. Next year I will be more prepared and since TJ's will be in Bellingham, I will probably grab a good bar of White Chocolate to make.

Other baking adventures I have planned next week (going on a school break- first of its kind in my school too- more about school in a bit): making Chocolate Mint Chip cookies, Butterscotch Cookies, and maybe some Chocolate Chip cookies. I just don't want a lot of cookies (equals temptation) in my home.

Speaking of school, I declared a major for my Bachelor's program, I will be studying towards my Bachelors of Science in Business Finance. Yes, Jen...of all people...is going for a B of SCIENCE. Whoda thunk it? I hate science! And Finance? Maybe I'm nuts, but since I started this block and am taking management courses, I am starting to come to a realization that management is just not for me. After consulting with my father (who has been in management for over 25 years now and is pretty much my business rock), I decided Business Finance was it for me. I'm kind of excited! Onwards and upwards! :)

7 Comments:

At 3:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Let me know how the bark goes!

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

You bet! I will be posting it and pictures unless I completely mess it up! Thanks! :)

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger wheresmymind said...

You have to post up pix when you are done!

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You know, another super easy gift which will take you only a few minutes; candied orange/lemon/lime/grapefruit peel.
It's incredibley simple.

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

J, I promise I will post pictures! :)

Garrett, do you have a recipe on how to make that one? (Tried & True?)

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger janelle said...

Jen: how did the bark-making go? I have relatives in BHam and I am so excited for them to be gatting a Trader Joes!

Promise to keep at least some of it for yourself:)

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Hi Janelle, I won't be making this probably til Wednesday or Thursday because I forgot the wax paper, plus I want to wait a while so I have it ready for Christmas to give out as gifts! :) I promise to post pictures!

Oh trust me, I will have to hide it from my husband. He's turned into the Cookie Monster, and I'm sure he'll turn into the Peppermint Bark Monster when I'm done. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home