Sunday, January 07, 2007

Grocery shopping

Did not put a dent in my wallet as previously thought to buy the healthful things we are going to start eating. Here is what we bought that deviates from our normal list:

5 lb box of Clementines (Costco has them at a good deal for $5.99 for a 5 lb box right now)
Weight Watchers Honey Cluster Almond cereal (I don't do WW, I basically follow a diet similar to the South Beach one but not quite as strict)
Raisin Bran (because seriously, I am sick of the sugary crap that my daughter and husband whine for constantly)
Trail mix
Fresh Spinach
Fresh Broccoli and Cauliflower

So far so good. Just constantly hungry. I am watching my portion sizes as well. When I have a bowl of cereal it is not ginormous. It's measured out to the serving size on the box (usually 3/4 cup) and the milk is a bit more generous.

My sister to date, has lost over 80 lbs. She just wants to drop another 20 and she will. She looks good! I am very proud of her.

Hopefully I am next.

4 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, Blogger wheresmymind said...

Dude...you are SO next!!

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Mazenbloo said...

We love clementines here. Though my 3 year old calls them Valentine's! We got a box at Meijer yesterday for $4! Great deal!

Oh, and that raisin bran? Check out the sugar on those babies. I'm pretty sure they are high up there. Though there is the fiber benefit as well. I once was shocked at the sugar in something that was supposed to be 'better' for you kwim?

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Yes, here is to a healthier 2007. And weight lost. I am so sick of being this large.

Mazen, I threw away the box that had the nutritional information on Raisin bran (broke em down and recycled them), but I found out that the POST version (which is what I buy) actually has MORE sugar than the Kellogg's version (which I thought was more sugary!) by like 1 gram. Unbelievable. Ugh. Well...in moderation. And never again. *sigh*. Thanks for reminding me, I always forget to look at sugar content, I'm always looking at carbs and protein grams.

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger G. said...

Your shopping choices sound great to me. You can do this.

I wanted to thank you for your support and comments on my weight loss blog. I really appreciate it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home