Friday, March 16, 2007

The older we get

the longer it takes for crap to leave our systems. I spent a good 3 days down from that bug, and another 2 recuperating from that. There has been no regular meals or exercise to say the least. My husband and daughter were left with a pot of spaghetti I made on Monday night (I was still sick but it wasn't as bad- which was when I posted as well). Both are complaining over icky leftovers. Wahhh. Cry me a river. I still had to do what I needed to do despite vomiting and feeling generally gross.

Even with that said, I was able to handle taking my daughter to her doctors appointment- which fell on her bday, which was Wednesday, and decided to treat her to some crap fast food so she wouldn't think I was completely negligent in not totally celebrating the day of her birthday (a post about that will come probably tomorrow or Monday).

But the best thing about having kicked this stupid bug?? I can eat REGULAR food again. I can't tell you how sick I am of bland boiled chicken, chicken broth, jello, crackers w/o salt, graham crackers, bananas, Gatorade, applesauce, tea, you name it. Boooring.

Now hopefully sometime next week I will be able to make that Bibingka I've been craving.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Blogger RenĂ©e said...

Oh no! We had Norovirus a few weeks ago; it sucked. It's been going around...blech. Glad you're over it though!

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger ShutterMom said...

Blech. :( I'm so sorry!

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Madeline said...

I'm glad you are feeling better - I was starting to worry about you!

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Thanks everyone! I am back in the game...now if I could only motivate myself to exercise again...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home