Friday, March 02, 2007

Breakfast for two


Today we woke up to another bout of snow, and while my husband took our daughter to school, I whipped up some eggs with Monterey Jack cheese and green onions and fried up some potatoes (ya know, the frozen kind?). Normally I don't cook breakfast like that so early in the morning (for both of us), but I decided it would be nice to share a breakfast together.

I contemplated putting some mozarrella in my eggs instead of the Monterey Jack, but decided I didn't want something ooey gooey. In any case after frying up the potatoes and then laying the eggs on top of the potatoes, it ended up perfect. I think it could have had some more onions in it (perhaps some shallots would have been a nice touch), because the green onions are so mild there really wasn't much to them. It was a nice breakfast though.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ew to the weather. It's just been cold here in Sacramento.

 
At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great breakfast for days like that... I bet your husband was pleased and surprised when he came home!

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Garrett, this has definitely been a cold winter for the West Coast, huh?

Kristen, yeah he was definitely happy! Like "okay what do you want?" ROFL!!!!

 
At 4:19 AM, Blogger RenĂ©e said...

Holy crap that looks good! There's nothing like pan-fried potatoes and cheesy eggs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home