Monday, April 02, 2007

I can hardly wait

til next week! My mother is flying up from California and is visiting for four days! Four days is so short to me, but she has to make the rent, so that's all she could take off. I'm just so happy she'll be here.

She promised me she'd teach me how to make her Orange Chicken, I know I posted about it a while ago, but it's not the same type of Orange Chicken that you see at Panda Express or any other Chinese food place. When we make it I will be sure to get the recipe written down and pictures taken. I told her I'd make the Bibingka that I recently made as well, and she is looking forward to that. I will also get the Rappolio recipe, which is a cabbage soup that my mom makes and I will post that as well.

I haven't seen my mother since December 26, 2005, and it's long overdue. My sister is currently trying to plan a trip to visit over a weekend this summer and I can't wait for that either. I haven't seen her since January 2, 2006 (I'm such a sucker for dates, I don't forget them). All I can say is, I can't wait to see them both. It's tough living 1,000 miles away from your family.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is such a long time to go without seeing your mom. Yay for you and yay for you posting the orange chicken recipe :)

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger cakegrrl2007 said...

I don't see any writers block here... :) Looking forward to the Orange Chicken post!
-CG

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger cakegrrl2007 said...

I don't see any writers block here... :) Looking forward to the Orange Chicken post!
-CG

 
At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay for you! im glad your mom is coming! i hope you have a nice visit--catch ya later!

teresa

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger sher said...

How wonderful for you!!! I'm looking forward to reading about your mom's visit--and the recipes! :):)

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I can't wait either...it's been too long. I hope the weather stays beautiful up here! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home