Saturday, April 07, 2007

OT: Anyone else a horror movie fan?

Specifically, a fan of the Halloween series? Rob Zombie has recently wrapped up shooting on the set of the remake of Halloween, and the first theatrical trailer was released yesterday (you can see it when you go to watch the new movie Grindhouse). I've known for months that he was doing this (which huge Halloween fan didn't know about it?) and had been anticipating this movie for quite some time. I was able to view the trailer on Yahoo's website and I must say, it looks dark and disturbing, perhaps more so than the original. Now, there are many Halloween "purists" out there who are upset at the fact that it's being remade, but if anyone can pull it off, I believe Rob Zombie can.

I did not like House of 1,000 Corpses, but The Devil's Rejects? A very moody, atmospheric and scary movie, and needless to say, I was impressed by Zombie's cinematography and in total, his vision for his movies. That is why I am not against this "remake".

Halloween opens up in theaters on August 31st, 2007. (I'll be there- it'll be my one movie I see in the theaters this year. We don't go often because 1, they are overpriced, 2, teenagers or young kids usually ruin the experience for me, and 3, the cinemas here are OLD and uncomfortable.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home