Friday, August 10, 2007

8 things about me (MeMe)

I've been tagged by Sue!

Rules

1. We have to post these
rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

8 Facts (or whatever) About Me (Food-Related, of course!)

1. I'd love to have stainless steel cookware, but my husband is correct- it's hard as hell to clean off at times, especially if you cook eggs in a stainless steel frying pan, and I have no patience to soak and scrub!

2. I recently dug out my blender from one of the cupboards and have been using it not for smoothies, but to make my own pasta sauce since my food processor is one of those itty bitty ones.

3. Last night we had salad and chicken again, and I put more salad on my daughter's plate this time- to see if she would notice, and she did, but she finished it all.

4. I'll admit it, I'm terrible about cleaning my oven out. I hate doing it and don't do it often. I'll let the stuff burn off before I go in with Easy-Off Oven Cleaner.

5. My refridgerator needs to be replaced, it's killing our electricity bill and is far from energy efficient, but my landlord is too cheap to replace it. The side bar of the side door (you know, where you put condiments on) just broke off a week or so ago and I still haven't called him to fix it. My freezer is starting to act wonky, but he is still refusing to replace it. He'll fix the seals (which are worn out), but he won't replace it. It pisses me off and by law he's supposed to fix shit that stops working- but at this point in time we cannot afford a move. Sucks to be us!

6. My husband isn't a bad cook but he rarely ever cooks. He sure can grill though, and now that he has a 4 week vacation from his second job, I am looking forward to having some BBQ!

7. Ever since I started watching my diet, I notice if I have something that is greasy, I pay for it later on with a messed up stomach. Grease just does not sit well with me.

8. I had an auntie who died at my age (28) of stomach cancer (I never met her, she died before I was born). I am constantly freaked out that I could have it with all the stomach problems I have had, but I haven't been checked out for it. I was supposed to have an endoscopy back in 2003 for my GERD (acid reflux disease), but it never happened.

I am tagging the following people:

1. Mehgan
2. Kristin
3. Garrett
4. Cakegrrl
5. Jouette
6. Kate
7. Siuan
8. Mommabot

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry darlin; i got tagged for this a few weeks ago. ;)

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

D'oh! My bad! :)

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger 1blueshi1 said...

Hi, Jennifer! I saw your comment on Talk of Tomatoes about trying her sauteed corn recipe--was wondering if you ever tried making it? I am not a fan of frozen vegetables myself, grew up with nothing but and now as an "adult" (hehe) prefer canned. When I serve corn as a side dish to meals I usually mix one can of creamed corn with one can (drained) regular corn and add one tsp sugar and 1/2 tsp salt. My kids scarf it down, but I thought the sauteed corn recipe sounded like a tasty alternative.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Hi blueshi! I haven't tried making it yet but I am dying to try it! I like canned corn and tomatoes, but I prefer them fresh if possible. It's just hard to keep produce in my fridge because it doesn't work correctly! Sucks!

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Sue said...

My computer is acting wierd, If you already got this comment, please ignore it.

I loved your post. I also HATE cleaning my oven and just because I have a self-cleaning one doesn't mean it isn't a pain.

I don't think stainless steel pans are hard to clean, except for the frying pan. Are you against nonstick? That's the only place I use it - in frying pans.

I feel bad about your fridge. That's kind of outrageous.

Poor auntie.

I wasn't familiar with most of the other blogs you tagged. They were interesting.

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I do have some nonstick pans, my only concern is that there have been some studies stating that the teflon is actually bad for you, but who knows? I just like the look of stainless steel.

I really do need to replace my old pots and pans though. They are really old.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home