Monday, August 06, 2007

Battle Opah, tasty looking fish

And those are words that you rarely hear coming from my mouth. I am not a fish person...I normally do not care for fish, but after watching Iron Chef America: Batali vs. Liu last night, I thought the fish looked lovely and was a bit reminscent of tuna. When Martin Yan (one of the judges- EEE! Love that man!) mentioned that opah was a very mild fish, I thought, that's a fish I could probably dig.

I thought Liu could pull it off, to tell the truth...the competition was intense and it looked like Batali was going to meet his match in his former employee...but when it came time to serve up the dishes, the taste and sometimes the look just didn't cut it for the judges involved. I do have to say that I really thought the whole pressured/preserved opah jar thing was a bit impressive, as was Batali's meatball concoction- fish meatballs- whoda thunk it? In the end, Batali won, and it was definitely a memorable show.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man! I missed it! I sacrificed watching a new battle (HATE Next Food Network Star stupid show) in order to work on my paper. I'll have to catch it in reruns... I think it's on again on Thursday nights.

I also LOVE Martin Yan.

And... not surprised Batali won... I'll take him over ANYONE else. He rocks. Rockin' Kitchen Stadium in orange Crocs.

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm sure you can catch it on, it'll be on throuhgout the week. Batali is awesome, I like him but I have to say, I like Morimoto a LOT more. LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home