Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I'll stick with Field Greens, please

I'm a huge fan of pre-packaged salad. I'm so lazy like that, but I love having everything I want and need thrown in the salad, only having to toss in a couple of extra ingredients (bell peppers, cucumbers, etc). In any case, I thought "Butter Greens" was going to be an excellent salad, hence its name. I was wrong. I hated it and thought it was rather smelly (not as in foul/ripe, but there was this odor it gave off that I did not care for).

Typically we buy Field Greens when buying bagged salad, which I love, and sometimes we'll add some spinach to it (raw, of course), cucumbers, and peppers. I'm a texture freak, and if it doesn't crunch I won't touch it. I think that is why I am so picky when it comes to veggies. I prefer them raw and crunchy, uncooked. Besides, isn't it better for you that way? The minerals and vitamins stay in tact?

What is your favorite type of salad (bagged or not bagged)? What kind of salad do you enjoy during the summer? One of these days I will throw some strawberries on my Field Greens and get a Raspberry Vinigrette to compliment it.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Blogger Mazenbloo said...

Ya know, I eat it all. LOL I'm not picky and I LOVE salads. And love to dress them up with crunchy veggies, croutons, feta cheese etc! MMMM! Now you have me hungry!

 
At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the bagged spring mix, but I also check to see if our grocery store has gotten in a fresh mixture of them. I like lots of different kinds of baby lettuces mixed together. So pretty!

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Mazen, we are SOOOO flippin picky in this house. Well, not my husband- he'll eat any type of salad mostly, but my daughter and I? No way. LOL.

Sher, Yeah, they are real pretty together. I do love the variety of leafy greens in the bag of Field Greens. Pretty and crunchy.

 
At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are big bagged salad eaters too. If I had to cut up all the lettuce, etc it would be nearly never that we would eat salad. Now, we have a salad with almost every meal because it is too easy not too.

We love the mixed greens too or the baby spinach, depending on what we'll be adding to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home