Sunday, October 14, 2007

NFB: One more year til I hit the big 3-0

This week we began phone training at work and it's been a hectic, stressful week. However, by Friday I felt mostly confident in my abilities to handle the customer service and the navigation of the programs we use. Thursday I turned 29 and it was not a great day for me. I was not feeling good, I was stressed and tired, I missed my husband (because I started an earlier shift, I really don't see my husband at all until the weekends now). However, it was a good birthday in the end.

Last year I started feeling changes in my body- which is why I was putting myself to the challenge of trying to change my lifestyle, because my weight is finally catching up with me. I'm afraid that my obesity will lead me to an early grave and I'm scared from what I have been dealing with, health-wise, over the past year and a half. It's getting worse, but I'm trying my hardest to be more active and we are eating healthy for the most part.

Onto this weekend, yesterday, we went to my daughter's soccer game, they took their soccer team and individual pictures again, and then they played their game. My daughter scored her FIRST GOAL EVER and I am a VERY proud Mama! Here's a picture of it, my daughter is on the green team, you can't see too well but if you look closely enough (click on the picture and it'll bring up a bigger version of it too!), you can see the yellow team's goalie missing it. WOOOHOOO! Yes, they did lose but this was the highlight of the day for me!


Later on we went and had our family portraits taken by a freelance photographer and I cannot wait to see how they turned out. We took them at an elementary school in Bellingham where there was absolutely BEAUTIFUL foiliage and it's just what I had imagined!!! Then we went to Cornwall Park so my daughter could run some of that energy out and lastly, we went to the restaurant Oriento on the Guide in Bellingham. I will review it next week, but I liked it a LOT. Unfortunately I forgot my camera, AGAIN!!! (I know I am terrible about that, aren't I?)

Today I am just getting ready to go back to work and I'm doing laundry and one of my newest friends from work is coming over to hang out with me.

Hopefully I can get back into the swing of blogging again, it's just been very hectic with work, and now I have another distraction my husband got me for my birthday, the Sims 2 Deluxe! YAY!!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer:
You want to meet up the next time my family and I is down in Bellingham. It will be sometime early November. I thought perhaps we could go for breakfast or lunch your family and mine. If you want to, leave me an email chowtimes@gmail.com.
Would be great if you can show is some of the better eating places around Bellingham!
Ben

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Vinegar Martini said...

WOO HOO! Congratulate L'il Pie on the goal!!!

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK - I just turned the big 34...you are a baby :)
Yay for the goal...way to go daughter of yours :)

I have a new b-day distraction as well. My hubby got me a Wii. Fun times!

Happy belated birthday my friend!

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger jouettelove said...

how's it going over there? miss you! could the weather BE any crazier? sheesh.

hope the job is going well, i know it can be stressful trying to find a routine. love the soccer pix!

 
At 1:15 AM, Blogger sher said...

The pictures are great! And I'm a huge Sims fanatic--so have a great time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home