Monday, September 03, 2007

I am back

Well, I have been back since last Tuesday (August 28th). I don't know where to begin. First off, it was wonderful to see all the people I grew up with for the first time in 10 years. The reunion went wonderfully, and it's something I'll never forget. There are now plans for an 11th year reunion trip to Vegas (which I will see if my husband and I could pull off!). It also has me very excited for my 20 year reunion although it's 10 years off. I joked with a couple of my friends about it saying, "By then I will have a daughter going into her senior year of high school!" I really do NOT want to think about that right now!

It was also wonderful seeing my family and spending time with them, but the downside(s) to my trip were that one, I ended up very ill due to the Yaz pill (which my doctor had taken me off of the day I left for California, I am back on it now, it was a week break). I was weak and something weird was going on with my stomach. I was nauseous and I could not hold much food down. I also know that with the Yaz I gained back the weight I had dropped over the summer while working out, which really pissed me off because I had worked so hard at it. I am going to resume my workout starting Wednesday now that I am not feeling as weak and am up to the challenge. Another downside was the fact that I was technically there for only four full days, and I felt like I was tugged in several different directions. There just was not enough time to squeeze everyone in like I had wanted to. By the end of the trip, I felt terrible about not getting the chance to spend much time with my father or his fiancee and her daughter.

We canceled our camping trip for Labor Day because I came home extremely weak and not feeling too hot. I barely made it out of SeaTac due to my condition. I am bummed that we had to cancel the trip, but it was for the best. Not to mention, it's raining up here this weekend! Maybe it worked out for the best? Next summer we will go camping, but in July sometime.

I met his fiancee and her daughter and I love them both. I am so glad I had the chance to meet them but I am bummed I didn't get a lot of time with them. I'm hoping to get out to California next summer for a trip and to spend more time with them. Next time I go home it'll be for at least a week, if not two (depending on whether I am working or not, of course). My father showed compassion towards me for the first time because of how ill I am. It's true, I have gained weight since I saw him last summer- mostly due to my quitting smoking, but also the inactivity after quitting smoking and before starting my exercise regimen and the various hormonal problems/Yaz. He finally realized that I am not just a lazy fat slob and for once in my life, he realized that there are huge medical problems that I need to tend to. It was nice that he finally saw me for me. It also helped me to accept who I am. Yes, I look huge in some of those reunion photos- but you know what?? This is who I am. I have to accept it- I have to be okay with it, because I know that I am working on it. I have the diet part down, I had the exercise part down (which I am getting back into come Wednesday!), and hopefully I'll have this weight loss thing down. I'm not doing it for looks- I'm doing it because I want to be around for my daughter and I don't want to die from my obesity. But at the same time I can accept that for now, this is who I am. I'm hoping with diet, exercise, and going to the doctors, we can pinpoint the problems and work on them together. I am optimistic.

I have a couple of reviews to post and some pictures to share, which I will do in the next week or so! It's been a nice break, but it's also nice to be home.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 5:50 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Welcome back. Feel better soon. Stay positive and keep doing what you're doing. It is an enormous bore to have to track down doctors and try to figure stuff out.

Why can't your father, fiancee and daughter make a trip to see you, instead of making you do the schlepping? That's what motels are for...family visits.

I'm glad you're back.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Well, if they all could come up and visit they are more than welcome in my home! :) But it costs too much to fly up for all of them, unless my dad was willing to drive (and even then there's the gas issue!). We'll see!

Thanks! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home