Friday, March 09, 2007

Aha!!! Bibingka cake recipe!

As you know, I have been looking for a Filipino dessert. Thanks to my lovely friend Kate of Escaping Suburbia, her father-in-law is also Filipino and her DH's 92 year-old auntie sent her an email of a recipe of the Bibingka cake recipe I wanted to try. I know this is not exactly what I am looking for but this is what my Nana made at home and it's SOOOOOO good. With a stick of butter though, it's not for the health-concious person!

Babingka:

l box rice flour (Mochiko)

3 cups milk

1 stick butter

1 1/2 cups sugar

2 tsp baking powder

1 cup dried coconut

Mix all together and bake in a 7 X 13 rectangular pan till top splits and edges are browned.

350 degree oven, spray pan first.

How long to cook?

From Kate's MIL: I think it was about 45/50 min. Good luck..... the inside has to be
sticky to the touch.


Diana's Desserts also has a similar recipe with a picture of Sweet Rice Flour & Coconut Cake (Butter Mochi) that I want to try as well. Because this weekend we are having cake for my daughter's birthday party, I will probably only make Kate's MIL's recipe above and save the Diana Desserts one for another time.

I'm drooling at the thought of having some Bibingka!! YUM!

Edited to make some corrections! Sorry!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooops, slight correction - MIL isn't Filipino, but FIL is! The recipe came from Mr. Wolf's 92 year old Auntie. :-)

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Woops!!! Sorry about that! I will fix that.

 
At 11:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanx a lot for sharing that lovely recipe!That was yummy!!Emmie

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger wheresmymind said...

Sounds damn good...now if only there was a picture ;)

 
At 6:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had this before from my next door neighbor who is Filipino and I lost the recipe, now I have it I will be making it tomorrow at a friends house who is Filipino ; ).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home