Friday, April 06, 2007

How ridiculous

How hard can it be to stock up on Mochiko rice flour? I don't get it, I go to the Albertson's in Bellingham, which is a pretty diverse neighborhood as it is, and they don't carry Mochiko Rice Flour?? They used to, and now no more. I'm starting to get really sick of going to a grocery store and finding they don't carry what I consider to be a common food staple! I don't necessarily have time to run to the one and only asian food market in downtown Bellingham, so I have to rely on the grocery stores.

All I can say is, I'm really shocked and rather annoyed that it's not carried anywhere local. Yes, it's at one local grocery store- for an exorbitant amount ($2.19 for a small box? Give me a break!).

I may just ask my mom to pick up some Mochiko and bring it up with her...sheesh!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How bad is this...I've never even heard of this staple. Hope you find some soon. What do you use it in?

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Rice flour is typically gluten-free and some people use that instead of regular flour from what I know. Also, it is used in Asian cooking, and the area I went to look for it is pretty diverse which is why I was really shocked. I know they used to have it too. Weird, huh?

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger sher said...

I wish I could find it here too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home