Sunday, July 09, 2006

A perfect grilling weekend

My father drove up from California and is visiting us right now. Last night and tonight we grilled as the weather was primo for grilling. Last night, my husband made us grilled chicken (breasts, thighs and legs) and we had corn on the cob, a fresh salad, and strawberries for dessert. Tonight we had grilled spareribs (beef) with salad. Very simple and easy. My husband is learning the art of grilling pretty quickly, everything tasted so delicious. With this gas grill we are taking advantage of grilling as much as we can. One of the perks of his work is he's able to fill our propane tank for free.

While we were at the table, I told my father that I finally got the cookbook I wanted, The Sopranos Family Cookbook, and he just laughed at me. He didn't quite understand why I needed a cookbook to cook anything, but I told him I like to collect recipes and cookbooks for the pure novelty of it. I guess that is what led me to starting a blog on it (as well as a take on something controversial/hilarious (to me) going on at the message board at the time). I'll share what I find, and welcome anyone who wishes to post their recipes as well.

It's kind of a hobby of mine, I guess. Too hard to explain to people who don't understand a love for recipes and cookbooks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home