Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Day 4 of being snowbound

This is irritating. Today we're expecting more snow showers and the like, but we're not in the teens like we were yesterday, at least. It's still a pain in the neck! I'm hoping by Friday the roads are not as icy, because we really need to do some grocery shopping. Our vehicles are still under all that snow and ice, but there's nothing we can do til the wind dies down and we have a little bit more time on our hands (at least with my husband, who went back to work yesterday).

In the meanwhile, hot tea is your friend. I'm still working on my box of Celestial Seasonings Gingerbread Spice. My poor baby girl got sick (guess we shouldn't have let her play outside in the snow and coldddd weather (think 15 degree weather with wind chills in the negatives) for over 45 minutes...durrr). She's fighting a little bit of a cold, but I'm making her drink some green tea and take her vitamins.

It's the most miserable time of the year!!! I know some people love it, but I'm not going anywhere, and it's starting to get to me. This too shall pass, eh? Hopefully sooner than later. Day 3 of no school, Day 4 of not being able to really get out and do things we need to do, and hopefully by Friday I can get to the PO and grocery store! *Crosses fingers*.

5 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Best o' luck to ya darlin. May fire demons, jinn, and any others sources of heat be given to thee.

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Mazenbloo said...

Oh no! Still housebound! That sucks. I hope the sun comes out, warms things a bit to thaw you guys out!

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger jouettelove said...

I'm right there with ya, sister. Its definitely getting old now - the kids are getting squirly stuck in the house all day since its sooo frigid out there. I'm sorry about your little girl, I just posted on my blog that I was glad she was okay - I hope the tea and vitamins make her feel better.

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger wheresmymind said...

Global warming...it's FAAAN-Tastic!

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

LOL Jeff. No kidding. Day After Tomorrow, anyone??

Jouette, I hope you guys are able to get out and about today, I saw pictures of your area and it still looks snowy. We are like that too, but the roads are slushy instead of pure ice. Icy in some spots. But yay!

Thanks everyone. I can breathe a sigh of relief now...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home