Thursday, January 11, 2007

NFB: My lame attempt at being artsy fartsy



This is one of many shots I got yesterday while it was snowing here (another 11 inches were reported in my town!). Anytime I do a Non-Foodie Blog I'll just post NFB. Anyhow, here is another one, taken while the snow was falling:


The snow was falling in fat flakes yesterday. It was not even that cold, about 32°F, and it was pretty but as you know, I hate the snow! My husband had a hard time getting my truck out of the driveway but our neighbors helped push him out and then he did fine the way to pick up our daughter from school and to and from work.

No school again for my daughter today. We still have a couple of months of winter left so I am concerned about that. Not to mention, the more snow days they have to make up, the shorter of a summer they have. Our make up days are being scattered throughout the school year, but already the kids are getting out in the last week of June here...which sucks!

We shall see what else winter has in store for us. Arghhh.

5 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Blogger ©Jac said...

Very pretty!

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger wheresmymind said...

I would be psyched to have the kids in school for longer!! lol

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Jeff, yeah, it's nice, but at the same time it's going into July, which sucks! However, our governor here in WA state is trying to get it so kids don't need to make up the snow days since this has been a particularly bad winter.

 
At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The weather has been nuts this year, hasn't it? You all have had it particularly rough. I hope the governor wins and you all don't have to make up all of your snow days

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Kristen, hopefully we won't have to either, I'm waiting to hear word. My daughter and her schoolmates already have 7 days to makeup and we're only in the beginning of Jan!!! argh!

Sher, I was thinking how much I wouldn't have minded moving to Illinois because it looks so pretty there and I have family there, but I could NEVER deal with that snow and the ice storms. Uh uh. I'm already hating it here!

Glad you enjoyed the pictures! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home