Thursday, February 15, 2007

Valentine's Day loot

The teacher in my daughter's class allowed the children to exchange Valentine's at the end of the day, and I thought that was particularly very smart. My daughter was a hyper mess at the end of the day and when we got home and went through her bag of Valentine's we found a lot of candy and at least 4 packages of Fun Dip.


Fun Dip. Who remembers that stuff?? It's that weird sugary stuff that is colored and you dip a stick of candy into it. No wonder why first graders are so hyper! Now I have got to do some major damage control and really make sure that this stuff is not eaten in the matter of a week or even two weeks.

Suffice it to say that I am no fan of Fun Dip, but hey...if she gets it once or twice a year I won't really have a problem with that. It could be worse! I'll just make sure she brushes her teeth really good after eating it.

As a child I had my favorite types of candies on Valentine's Day and they were those Conversation Hearts. I can't seem to find them anywhere anymore, everything is all chocolate and other goodies. There was one conversation heart (I believe it was the white colored ones) that tasted like Pepto Bismal- oddly enough that was my favorite flavor.

Anyone else dealing with a sugar hangover from yesterday?

5 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Blogger Cate said...

Just finished going through our son's stash with him. Luckily more non-candy stuff than candy, but I stole the Sweettarts. ;)

 
At 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My children were so hyper yesterday. I can't believe all the candy given out with valentine's on V-Day now, can you? It seems like when I was growing up the candy with a Valentine at school was pretty rare. Now the ones without the candy are rare.
I love the fun dip sticks...hate the dip!

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger ©Jac said...

MMMMM. Fun dip! *drool*. I still buy bottle caps!

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love those... and pixie stix

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh man Pixie Stix!!! I used to get the sugar shakes from those as a kid. I've seen kids hyped up on too much sugar and while it's hilarious it's somewhat alarming!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home