Friday, May 25, 2007

Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Frosting

Last night I had a craving for some chocolate and some cake. I had one box mix of cake sitting in my cabinet for a while, so I pulled it down and decided to use the recipe on the back of my Hershey's box to go with it (it was the Butter Yellow Recipe cake mix). It's very easy to make, but after tasting it, it tastes almost like a mix between chocolate milk and fudge. It's quite sweet (which was fine with me), but overall was a very easy recipe and very good on the cake.

Hey, I've been good lately, lost some weight, and normally I don't really crave sweets anymore as it is, but last night I wanted something we all could have...that worked out perfectly, considering the box mix of cake was due to expire next month!! (I've had it for quite a while.)

Here's the recipe:

"PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE" CHOCOLATE FROSTING

1 stick (1/2 cup) butter or margarine
2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency. Add small amount additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla. About 2 cups frosting.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home