Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A hot day deserves a cool treat

My pocketbook has been light as of lately, but I decided to pick up a couple of Slurpees from the local 7-11 before picking up my daughter from school. I figure that would be a cheap alternative to what I was craving- a Cool Coffee Cream from my favorite coffee stand- not having enough for two (one for myself and one for my daughter), decided to be fair about it and got us Slurpees. My daughter's favorite one is the Wild Cherry and I love the Pina Colada one, but I decided (stupidly) to mix the Full Throttle Energy drink Slurpee in it. Blech! It tastes like liquid Dayquil- looks like it too (no lie!).

The problem with having a smaller apartment-sized refridgerator is a smaller freezer as well, and I can't keep as much ice in the fridge as I would like. I'm the type of person who has to have at least 1/2 of the ice cube tray in her iced tea, so ice runs out quick with me. I would have made the tea, but we're lacking space in the freezer and have one tray of ice cubes in there- so I decided on a Slurpee instead. Even if the tea is cold and sitting in the fridge, it has to have ice cubes in it for me. I don't know why. I prefer my water with ice cubes as well but I've given that up for the most part. If I had my choice, I'd probably have one of those really cool refridgerators with the ice making machine, like what my dad had. By the time I left (I usually stayed for two weeks), he would have to reset his ice maker, because I had ice in pretty much every drink I drunk.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Blogger wheresmymind said...

I love slurpees, though they are pretty much all sugar! lol

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I have never had a slurpee... O.o
Is that odd or what?

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger ©Jac said...

I have to fill my cup with ice no matter what (cold) drink I'm having!

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

J, pure sugar. I do like the Crystal Light one though, it's pretty good (Pomegranite, I believe). Just don't get that Full Throttle Energy one. DAYQUIL! yuck.

Garrett, really?? It's basically like one of those cherry Icees you get anywhere.

Jac, me too. I have to have ice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home