Sunday, May 13, 2007

The three P's- Pork, Peppers & Pasta

Friday night I had a huge pot full of leftover pasta and I decided to get creative and do a little something different using pork loin chops this time. Mind you, I was finally able to eat real food again and I wanted something to play with my taste buds. I don't really have a name for my dish, but I'll call it "Pork, Peppers & Pasta" (yeah, how original, eh?).



Ingredients:

3 thick pork loin chops, cut down into bite sized pieces
1 white onion, chopped up
4 cloves of garlic, smashed (not diced)
2 green bell peppers, cut into thin long strips
Onion salt, as desired (cover pork with)
Ground Ginger, as desired (cover pork with)
Italian Seasoning, 1/2 tsp (cover pork with)
Any type of pasta will do, but I used spaghetti with my dish
EVOO for sauteeing veggies- to your discretion

1. Cut up all of your veggies and add onion & garlic to a frying pan with enough EVOO to cover the bottom. Cut up your peppers and put in a bowl off to the side. Chop up your pork loin chops into bite-sized pieces (I did it by slicing the pork loin diagonally into semi-thick strips, and then chopped those up into bite sized pieces so it cooks faster), add your spices and set aside. Start your pasta if you don't have day-old pasta (start boiling water). If you have day-old pasta in a pot, cover it up and put on low heat so it heats up nicely.

2. Sautee the onion and garlic til translucent, add peppers and cook til they start to "wilt" a bit (not too much! You still want a little bit of crunch). Add the pork and cook til thoroughly cooked. You can also set it on a lower heat to let it simmer down a bit and cook on its own.

3. When both the pork & peppers mixture and the pasta are all ready to be served, serve in a bowl or a plate together and there you have it! Enjoy!

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home