Tuesday, August 14, 2007

To Wok or not to Wok, that is the question

I got a new Brylane Home catalog in the mail today and they are offering this set of a Wok, four bowls, some chopsticks, and cooking spoons (wooden ones) for free with any purchase! I've been dying for a Wok for a long time and I'm considering putting an order in just to get this.

When I make a stir fry I use a regular frying pan, but it's hard to do if you have a lot of ingredients to put in the pan. I have used my father's Wok in the past and it worked perfectly. You don't spill things out of the pan, and the ingredients tend to just cook better together. However, trying to make fried rice in a flat frying pan just does not work. I end up with rice all over my stove. I can't stand it.

I figure maybe I could create my own Chinese food inspired meals if I had a Wok too...so maybe then I wouldn't miss it so much (which I do, because I have yet to find a good Chinese restaurant up here!). Plus with making it yourself, at least you know what is going in it.

So now I have to try to convince my husband that we can order something to get my freebie Wok. Will he buy it? We shall see!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 12:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went back to using my wok, after years of using a skillet. I think the skillet was fine--but I can really toss things around better with the wok. Hope you get one!

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I hope so too. I keep forgetting to bring it up to my husband! LOL!

PS. how are you holding up?? You've been in my thoughts. (((HUGS)))

 
At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use a skillet too. I'd love to get a wok!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home