Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Mid-month update

It's been half a month since I started my new regimen, and everything seems to be going smoothly, except I am constantly hungry, which is normal with a diet. I have also begun my T-Tapp "Bootcamp" (exercise program), and it is a LOT harder than I thought. Every muscle is used and man do I feel it afterwards...but I remind myself that this is a good soreness.

I have been munching on Clementines as snacks, but the ones we recently picked up are gross and I have to make another run to a different store where the produce is better. I hate the smell of peanuts and don't really like to eat them as much as I used to, but they have been a great snack for me as well. As for dinner, that's when I have the most of my carbohydrates. Like I said, I am not militant about my diet, but I am trying to be very mindful of what I eat. For example, last night I made a spaghetti and experimented with crushed tomatoes instead of tomato sauce. It came out good but next time I will be following Mommy Chef's Pasta Bruschetta recipe. It looks delicious!

My child is even hunkering down and eating salads without causing a stir. This is great!

9 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Blogger wheresmymind said...

Sure you should be going for all the oranges? Chock full o' sugar...how about some bananas?? :D

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Oranges and any type of fruit is done in moderation, usually I try to have a protein based snack. Bananas are good too but they don't last long in my house! My daughter is a monkey (Monkay?).

 
At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link Jennifer.Hope you like the pasta bruschetta!

 
At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find that if I'm mindful, I succeed. You have to give yourself a little wiggle room to cheat, but even without that it sounds like you are doing great!

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger jouettelove said...

good for you, girl! sounds like you and your dd are doing great :)

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Renée said...

You rock!

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Renée said...

You rock!

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Atticus said...

You are doing great J!! I'm a sucker for those Clementines...I have to stop myself or I'll sit there and eat half a box. :-)

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Thanks everyone! I feel I am doing good and as long as I keep a positive attitude I know I can do this.

And atticus, I LOVE those Clementines...man they are GOOD! And so easy to peel too. Unfortunately though, the price will go up because of that freeze California went through recently.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home