Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Rigatoni Chicken dish

I decided to fly by the seat of my pants when preparing last night's dinner...so I will describe what I did.

First off, I took two large boneless, skinless chicken breasts and cut them up into 1/2 inch biteable sizes and sprinkled them liberally with oregano and pepper as well as some garlic salt. I sauteed some white onion and garlic (both minced) in some olive oil and then threw the chicken in and cooked until browned. I boiled the Rigatoni and when that was done, I added a half ziplock bag of shredded cheddar cheese and a can of crushed tomatoes to the mix. I diced up some green onion and also added that to the mix as well. When that was all incorporated I added my skillet sauteed chicken/onion/garlic mix and mixed well. It was a hit.

How's that for creative? I was working with limited supplies (going shopping next week), so I basically used anything and everything I had in my cabinet and crisper. Sorry, I forgot to take pictures!

7 Comments:

At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny, sounds almost exactly the way I do it...

I don't always remember to take pictures either. But the chicken sounds wonderful.

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Normally I don't do cheddar in my pasta because I have this weird aversion to cheeses (I just think it's too rich), but we had it in the fridge and I thought I'd use it up, and threw it together with the rest of the stuff. Originally I had planned to use spaghetti noodles, which I was out of, but I had a couple of packages of this new wholewheat Rigatoni pasta left and while I was not thrilled with using Rigatoni (wasn't in the mood for fat pasta), I decided to use that instead of the wholewheat shells or penne I had. I'm just glad it wasn't gross!

I almost threw sour cream in it too but I thought that was just overdoing it!

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Donna @ Snowbound said...

It sounds real yummy! Sorry if this is the second comment. Darn thing keeps switching to google account and I think the comments I write get lost. I'm going to have to try this recipe, dh is usually the creative one when it comes to chicken.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger wheresmymind said...

Very creative...I'd so go for that!

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger jouettelove said...

what? forgot pictures? i bet it looked sooo good. that sounds amazing - i love it when i'm feeling experimental and it turns out delish :)

 
At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds delicious! We're having a clean the pantry/fridge/freezer week too. I had a creative meal last night, but nothing nearly as delicious as yours!

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Jennifer it sounds delish! I love being inventive andseeing what meals I can create with what I have without a trip to the store!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home