Thursday, January 04, 2007

Sweet dreams

Oh I had the weirdest food dreams last night. First off, I was at my Nana's and we made blonde brownies with chocolate chips in them. I had to go do something and she was upset that I had to leave. Then I was hanging out with my mother and had to go run an errand when I ran into my father, who asked me if I wanted to go have lunch with him (which that kind of scenario would never play out in real life, and I think that part of my dream made me sad). So I felt torn because my mom needed me, my Nana was upset I could not stay at her place, and then my dad, who never shows interest in hanging with just me, wanted to have lunch with me. Then we go to the house we used to rent out and my uncle's hanging out there, and I tell my father to try these brownies I made. In my dream I can taste the brownie and the chocolate chips inside of the brownie.

If that made your head spin, imagine how I felt when I woke up.

So let's get this straight- the food is significant because I am really trying to watch what I eat. The emotional aspect of it is the dad part and the part of feeling torn and wanting to be with everyone at once.

I had another food dream after I woke up, where I was at Burger King with my cousin, husband and daughter and was ordering for everyone. I was harassed by the cashier who demanded my license so they could compute my address and phone number for delivery purposes (WTF?). I demanded to speak to the manager and he apologized and gave us our food for free. The major problem (besides the cashier, who resembled an old classmate from high school that I haven't thought of in years!) was that I was trying to pick out something healthy that was not high in fat or carbs that was not a salad. Interesting.

I know a lot of it is due to the "dieting" aspect, because I had a really weird dream last year when I quit smoking of being offered cigarettes and I was trying to say, "NO! I don't want them!"

Ahhh the games our subconscious plays on us!

5 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Blogger wheresmymind said...

I'd wake up thinking I'd want to bake!

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I made brownies last night out of some wierd compulsion. We're psychicly linked and you are messing with my brain, aren't you?

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Jeff, no no no! No more baking for a while! LOL!

Garrett, I don't know. Normally I like brownies but not that much! How bizarre that you had a hankering for them...

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger lemony said...

I just made chocolate mint brownies with chocolate mint chips in 'em...grab one if you want. I'll pour the coffee.

:)

xo

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Excuse me while I drool all over the keyboard...lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home