Wednesday, December 20, 2006

5 Days til Christmas

and I still have so much baking to do. I told my husband that I was NOT making anymore cookies, because honestly, if I have to look at one more cookie, I think I may just vomit (wouldn't it be funny if that word came up as a tag on my ZoomClouds thingy? hehehehe, on a FOOD blog, nonetheless!).

Yesterday I went to a cookie (or Cookay, as Jeff says!) exchange party hosted by one of the PTO moms (a friend of mine) and really, after all of the cookies I baked this past weekend, combined with the Cinnamon I am taking, I really was in no mood for anything sugary. I got to take some cookies home though, and had a couple. Not bad. After the party, I went to my daughter's school for a Holiday Sing-A-Long, then decided to go hang out in her classroom and guess what I was offered? More cookies! Then I got home and found a package from my Grandma and inside was gifts and guess what? Another tin of cookies!

So I am not baking cookies for my husband's Christmas potluck on Thursday. I'm buying a ready-made platter full of cupcakes whether he likes it or not! Heehee!

Other than that, I will be making that Banana Cream Cheese bread I made back in November, as well as Egg Nog Pound Cake that Janelle of Talk of Tomatoes recently tried as well (thanks Janelle! :D). I will also make the Peppermint Bark I promised. And I will take pictures! Other than that, I ban cookies in this household til sometime in June 2007. Seriously.

5 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Blogger janelle said...

I so agree with overload on the sweets! I try desperately to only nibble here and there and be oh so selective with my treats each day.... but then I ruin it by making cookies that I really, really love and only make once a year...

I think I am almost done baking!

 
At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made the peppermint bark! It was so easy and delicious. Mmmm. I'm going to post about it soon.

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Janelle, if anything, I really think it has taught me I have a lot more self-control than I thought I did! HAHAHA!! However, we'll see how I feel when it comes to making the bread...a big weakness here.

Kate, I can't wait to see your post about it!!! (And make the bark, which I will do probably on Friday!)

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger wheresmymind said...

I'd so swipe your cookays if we were at a swap!

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Sher, I hear ya...I totally hear ya, and normally I LOVE me some cookies.

Jeff, glad you are feeling better, maybe next time we can meet up in Seattle (and hope to meet the lovely Janelle of Talk of Tomatoes too!). :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home