Friday, December 22, 2006

Poor Man's Swedish Meatballs?

I haven't started baking yet (I want to start tonight and work into tomorrow), but I was making dinner tonight and wanted to make my mom's Swedish meatballs, but I got a little lazy and instead of making the mix for the meatballs (1 piece of regular white bread, soaked in water and squeezed out, 1 egg, Salt & Pepper to taste, 1/2 white onion diced and chopped finely), and instead of rolling, I just threw the ground sirloin in the pan, diced my onion up, threw that in after the sirloin was browned, and now it's simmering on the stove. I will add Cream of Mushroom later and have a pot of rice cooking.

I guess you could call it a Poor Man's Swedish Meatballs...perhaps?

Anyhow, the baking will start tonight and I will take pictures, I promise. Are you still baking?

1 Comments:

At 7:15 PM, Blogger Donna @ Snowbound said...

I just call that hotdish, I make variations of ground meat mixtures all the time. It's good food.

I still have some baking to do also. I should start tonight but I rented DaVinci Code.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home