Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Taxes, homework and tummy troubles, oh my!

So, this past weekend was spent with some sort of tummy ailment and sinus pain, popping Kirkland brand Allergy Sinus pills like they were jujubes. Friday night my oldest nephew spent the night (a trade-off deal I had with my BIL/SIL because they kept my daughter overnight during DH's Christmas party in December), Saturday was a blur, mainly sleeping because the pills made me woozy, getting my homework done, and then Sunday I spent doing my brother-in-law's taxes for him (I am the resident family CPA so long as I can file a 1040EZ/A because I have yet to file the more extensive tax forms) as well as hanging out with my sister-in-law and watching my bratty 2-year-old nephew destroy my apartment (grrr). Ahh well, at least he finally gave me a hug and a kiss (which he never does, only because he has the world's chubbiest cheeks and you can't help but plant kisses on them). Overall it was a pretty good weekend, despite feeling icky.

I have been tagged by Lemony Lemons to do a music list describing my weekend, a top ten list of what my angst was over the weekend. Here goes nothing!

  • Crazy by Gnarls Barkley, because I must have been crazy to offer to do BIL's taxes for him.
  • Hell Yeah by San Quinn, because that song just makes me want to get "Hyphy" as they call it in the Bay Area (Gahh I feel so old just saying that- HYPHY, and all my friends and family members are all about getting "hyphy"...I guess Monterey caught onto the "hyphy" movement?).
  • The Horror by Spacehog, because I recently got The Craft soundtrack, and I felt like a horror this weekend, feeling icky.
  • Don't You Want Me by The Human League, because I keep seeing that Chips Ahoy! commercial with the little chocolate chip cookies singing "Don't you want me baby??". Yumm.
  • Thank God I'm a Country Boy by John Denver, because that came on while I had Rhapsody up and my 2 yo nephew started dancing and clapping his hands to that song (he is a country boy! and so cute too, even though he's a brat!).
  • Don't Cha by The PussyCat Dolls because of the compliation they did on American Idol, and now my 6 year-old daughter is going around the house singing, "Don't cha wish your girlfriend was a FREAK like me?" *Sigh*
  • Green-Eyed Lady by Sugarloaf because this is a favorite of mine. Reminds me of my mother doing this head-bop thing in the car to embarass my sister and myself. My daughter knows this song and sings the instrumental parts. LOL!
  • The Logical Song by Supertramp because my favorite station on Rhapsody Radio (the 70s station) plays this one constantly, but it's a favorite of mine.
  • 1 Bourbon, 1 Scotch, 1 Beer by George Thorogood, my husband knows how much I hate this song and proceeded to blast it to my dismay.
  • Three Times a Lady by The Commodores, everytime this song comes on, I have to sing along with it, and my husband either makes fun of me or joins right in.
That was fun! Now it's time for me to tag some people...you must create a Top Ten List of Angsty or Otherwise Moody Songs You Listened To This Past Weekend! Enjoy!

9 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Blogger lemony said...

You got a six-year-old singing about being a freak, I have a six-year-old singing "I ain't easy I ain't sleazy I got reasons why I tease 'em boys come and go like seasons..."

And I love The Logical Song.

xo

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger wheresmymind said...

mmm...jujubees!

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger ©Jac said...

I listen to music so infrequently, I wouldn't know where to start! But I did do a music entry just now!

I used to have a space hog CD.....I wonder where that went! LOL!

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger G. said...

Space Hog - the only songs I know by them are "Molly" and "In The Meantime" (which DH and I always make fun of)

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Mazenbloo said...

LMAO At Lemony's kiddos singing. :D

I'm off to do mine! Thanks for the kick in the arse I needed! :D

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Lemony, ROFL!!! Sounds familiar. D loves that song too. "T-t-t-t-tast-ay tast-ayyyy"

G & Jac, Spacehog reminds me of high school but I can't even name any of their songs except for The Horror! LOL!

Mazen, I'm so glad to see you back!!! :)

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger G. said...

The best part of One Bourbon, et al is the part where George says, "everybody funny. Now you funny too." I love that song!!

 
At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was fun.. I enjoyed reading it!

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

G, I don't know why I don't like that song, I think it's because our local station plays it over and over again.

Kristen, thanks for reading! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home