Wednesday, July 12, 2006

My Chicken Soft Tacos

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 packet Low-Sodium McCormack Taco Seasoning
1 Lemon (drizzled to your delight, see my instructions below)
1 Onion, diced
Garlic if so desired
Salt if so desired
1/2 cup of water

1. What I did was took the chicken and chopped up every breast into quarters, then boiled them til they were cooked throughly but not overcooked. I drained them and let them cool off. Chop onions up, however you like it (I dice it as fine as possible, no food processor here).

2. I shredded the chicken using my hands (if you have a food processor that will save you a step) and put it all into a large skillet, took the lemon and chopped it in half, held the one half cupped so no seeds would fall into the mix, drizzled all over the chicken to my liking (I used a whole small lemon for this), then sprinkled the taco seasoning , onions and I only had garlic salt at the time so I sprinkled maybe 1/2 tsp of that over the stuff and mixed all ingredients. When it was mixed well enough I added about 1/2 cup of water and simmered it down, cooking approximately 15-30 minutes.

3. When all was done I took tortillas (we got the kind you have to cook) and put the filling inside. They were more so of a burrito but so damn tasty we didn't need cheese (which I forgot to pick up), but put some lettuce, tomatoes and a dab of sour cream on them (all optional of course!). Very good. I was just playing around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home