Thursday, July 13, 2006

Your favorite spices

What do you do to jazz your food up? Do you prefer to use fresh spices and herbs? Which ones can be found in your fridge/cupboard on a regular basis?

I am a huge fan of garlic, so that's always in our house. I also like scallions (green Onions), onions, and bell peppers to season food, but produce always goes bad in our fridge for some reason, so we don't get the fresh stuff often. What do you suggest to do to keep herbs and produce fresh in your fridge (lasting more than 2 days at a time!)?

4 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Blogger RenĂ©e said...

I also LOVE garlic (but chopping fresh garlic takes too long, I usually buy the minced jars), red onions, onion salt, black pepper, rosemary, and garlic salt are a few of my favorites. I'm not all that creative so I just go with what I know!

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Vinegar Martini said...

Celery Salt and Cumin - can't live without either!

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Donna @ Snowbound said...

I don't use a lot of spices. I like Italian seasoning, w/ sage, rosemary and others. Perks up gravies and meats. I juse a lot of garlic (finally bought a jar of minced yesterday), bell peppers, onions, green onions, I do use many spices that are called for in recipes I use often, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, mace, garlic salt/powder, onion powder/salt, cardamon and thyme. Among others. I tried growing my own herbs but I didn't have the patience of preparation/drying. I do grow green onions though and have been using them this last week in dishes.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I want to experiment a bit with radishes, we'll see...but I LOVE me some green onions. I just wish they would keep crisp in the crisper. Damned refrigerator!

Thanks for posting everyone! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home