Friday, August 04, 2006

Pumpkin Bread

I lost ALL of my recipes. My husband recently revamped a board I own for some old friends, and in the process we lost and were unable to recover all of the recipes I collected (some were tried & true, as well!) over the years. I am SO bummed, but I vow to find them all again.

I found a few on the MB but I'm still looking for the rest! Oyy...

For now...Pumpkin Bread

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup brown sugar (white would work also)
1 T baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground ginger or ground cloves
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1/3 cup shortening (I use softened butter instead)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1/2 cup raisins (optional)

Combine 1 cup flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and ginger or cloves. Add pumpkin, milk, eggs, and shortening. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until blended. Beat on medium to high speed for 2 minutes. Add the final 1 cup flour; beat til blended. Fold in the walnuts and raisins if desired.

Spoon batter into greased 9 x 5 pan. Bake at 350 for 60-65 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove loaf from pan. Cool completely on a wire rack. Wrap and store overnight. (It's also very good right from the pan while it's still warm.)

NOTE: I didn't use walnuts or raisins but I bet it tastes good. This is SO good especially when it comes right out of the oven. I think I made about 4 loaves last year.

2 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, Blogger Vinegar Martini said...

what recipes do you need - I have scads on the hard drive. Have you ever looked into that cookbook software? Some versions will give you the nutritional analysis of your recipes. I need that.

Anyhoo - tell me what you need and I'll try to supplement your stash!

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Well, I had some old recipes from TPP, like Choco-Oat Chip cookies (which I made and were a hit with my family), and others I can't even recall!

I should invest in cookbook software too...I collect all cookbooks as it is anyhow. LOL!

Thanks! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home