Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Rainbow cake

Yesterday my daughter and I made a rainbow cake with some NEON food coloring I had. Long story short, I'm trying to keep her mind off missing my family back in California, so the best thing to do is keep her busy! We had fun mixing all of the colors and divided the batter into fours and dyed it purple, pink, blue and neon yellow. Only thing is, the cake didn't come out as moist and I think it's possibly because I overbaked it and used the no-cholesterol recipe (which usually makes it come out more moist, because you're using egg whites instead of the whole egg!). It still looks pretty though!

2 Comments:

At 6:38 AM, Blogger Vinegar Martini said...

Cute cake! Bet y'all had fun making it.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Thank you! :) I know food dye isn't the best for our bodies, but it was so much fun! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home