Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Fall is here

It's time to enjoy pumpkins, apples, and all kinds of fall goodies. Locally, many orchards are opening their doors to the public and offer good deals on bushels and buckets of apples. Having grown up in California, where fall consisted of what we called "Indian Summer", we were never accustomed to apple orchards or beautiful foiliage in the fall months. Up here, there are all kinds of farms that open up that offer great deals, tours of their farms, and even mazes for kiddos.

This weekend I'm hoping to take my family to a local apple orchard and grab some apples. One place I heard of offers five pounds of Jonagold apples for only $8! That is a steal!

I think with all of the apples I buy, I will probably make some apple butter (per my cousin's instructions), maybe try to find out how to can some apple slices, and maybe I'll even make my own cider!

Bring on Fall! I tell you, I have been DEPRIVED in my life. Fall is by far, my favorite season.

5 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you read my mind! I've had a "fall/apples/pumpkins" kind of entry swirling around in my head for a few days now. I'm really looking forward to our first fall in the NW.

So, how far are you from me anyhow?

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Quite a drive, about 6 hours, but not too bad.

You will LOVE fall here, you will realize what you missed out on living in California! LOL!! I know I did. I can't wait. I'm baking some pumpkin bread tonight! :D

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger wheresmymind said...

Hey...we are going to the apple orchard ourselves!! :D

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger G. said...

Thanks for the comments. Still keeping my head above water with my DS and his weight issue but trying not to make a big deal about it.

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I can't convince my husband how much fun this will be. He's like, "Why don't we just go to the store and buy them?". Oh my word!!!! Piffles, I say.

G, Hang in there- still pulling for you. Email anytime, okay?? (((HUGS)))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home