Friday, February 16, 2007

Red Alert! I have fallen off the bandwagon

We have been eating out, almost ALL week long. Not all fast food but deli food, fried chicken, and man my stomach is feeling it. I have not been in the mood to cook or clean and both my gut and my house are showing it well. My mind has been on other things (obtaining my Associate's degree, my mom flying to visit me in April (YAY!), my daughter's extra-curricular activities that begin shortly (besides what she is doing now), and other things) but I know that is no excuse.

The one thing I have not fallen off of is the exercise bandwagon. Still exercising six days a week. I was trying to aim for seven days, but it just doesn't work that way, especially because Sundays are the worst for me (always busy on Sundays). I guess part of me is scared that if I fall off the exercise bandwagon I won't get back on it, and I have to keep myself as disciplined as possible to continue doing what will only benefit my body and my health. Now to get back to eating healthy again! *Sigh*. It's so easy to fall behind, especially when life picks up, gets busy and there are holidays like Valentine's Day to smack you in the face (with chocolate or cake, of course).

My goal for next week: Cook all meals and get back on track! This has gotten far out of control and I need to stop it before it consumes me!

3 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how you feel, it keeps happening to me.
Today I've started keeping a food diary, and it does help, don't know for how long though!
You seem very determined, you'll get back on track soon enough

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get in those slumps every once in awhile...at least you are keeping up with the exercise! Good luck next week. What are you going to make for meals? Do you have a plan? You should join us in Menu Planning Monday with the I'm an Organizing Junkie blog.

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Hi roos, staying motivated to be healthy has always been a challenge for me, but because type 2 diabetes runs in my family I am really trying to avoid it, and I really need to lose the weight I have on my body. I think what settled it for me was loss of mobility and the fact that I need to be around for my kid...know what I mean? I'll check your site out and offer encouragement anytime you need it! :)

Kristen, awesome! I will definitely do that! I already know what I want to make (provided I feel 100% again) for this Monday night- that yummy spaghetti sauce recipe I posted about above! Thank you so much! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home