Saturday, February 24, 2007

I love breakfast

Yesterday my husband and I decided to go out for breakfast, and all week I have been extremely sore due to the fact that I pulled some muscles (may even be pinched nerves) in my sciatic area. Not fun!!! I have been taking Ibuprofen as well as using Icy Hot at night. So anyhow, he took us out and we ended up at IHOP, I haven't been to an IHOP since 1992. I settled on a skillet type of plate and we ordered their Chocolate Chip pancakes to try out. I couldn't eat more than two bites of it because it was like eating cake! Very rich! In any case, I thought it was pretty good overall, the skillet plate was delicious (country fried red potatoes with onions, green peppers and mushrooms with cheese on top and two eggs done overeasy).

I love eating breakfast, especially if it has to do with eggs and sausage/bacon and hash browns. I'm not too much of a fan of pancakes, but french toast? I love it. I was considering getting their Stuffed French Toast plate but decided against it because I made that Stuffed French Toast with ricotta a while ago and it was too rich for my tastes (good but very very rich). I'm not too big of a cereal person but if it's eggs, I love it.

Funny how I am finding certain foods are too rich for me nowadays, such as cheeses, even the most mild cheeses (including cream or ricotta) are too rich for me at times. I wonder why that is?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My kids love IHOP, so we'll go there a couple of times a year. I love their pancakes... my hubby loves their skillet suppers.

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger jouettelove said...

omg, i LOVE breakfast too. eggs are so yummy. and wow, it sounds like you are really doing a great job getting healthy, girl, congrats!

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Kristen, I think they are good too! I have never had dinner there, but their breakfast was awesome.

Jouette, I wish I were on track right now but truth is, I didn't exercise all week because of this injury (well, I did two out of the seven days which is bad for me) and my eating has been atrocious as of late. I'm working on getting my family back to normal now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home