Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Steak/meat dipping sauces

There's this one sauce my Nana makes called "Sukah" (I'm probably spelling that wrong), and I wanted to share this recipe because while it's been years since I have had it, it's so good with steak.

Sukah

1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup vinegar
1/2 or less of a chopped up white onion
Salt & pepper to taste

Combine the soy sauce and vinegar in a dipping bowl (cereal bowl works well) and mix well. Add the onion and salt/pepper and stir slightly. Serve with steak.

Another combination of this would be using green onions instead of white onions, but I believe that is a Japanese dipping sauce, the only thing is I can't remember what the name of it is. It's equally just as good but it has a different flavor (due to the green onions, which are more mild in taste than the white onions). I would choose this over A-1 anyday!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

i like terragon and butter for grilled steak, simple and tasty

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I'll have to try that! Thank you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home