Monday, May 07, 2007

Apple Cider Vinegar home remedy uses

WARNING: This post is just FULL of TMI!!!!!

I'm almost positive that what I have is a viral/sinus infection. After doing some research online last night, my husband ran to the store to pick me up a bottle of Apple Cider Vinegar, and I decided to drink the 3 tablespoons it called for and then chug down a lot of water following that. Let me tell you- drinking Apple Cider Vinegar is not very pleasant at all. I did it three times last night, the first and last had no real effect but the second seemed to clear up a lot of the gunk that was in my sinus cavity. I am still trying to clear it out completely so I can use Sinu-Cleanse (a Sinu-Douche, as I call it) to clear out my sinuses. I tried last night and it still wouldn't work (no water coming out of the other nostril).

I found another website with home remedies for Apple Cider Vinegar and my next plan of attack is the following:

-For excess mucus in the nose, throat, or sinus cavities (post nasal drip), try a solution of warm water and 1 to 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Place a small amount in the palm of your hand, block one nostril, then place the other nostril into the vinegar solution and sniff hard. You'll experience the disinfecting and mucus-cutting benefits of apple cider vinegar deep into your sinus cavities. Let the solution run down the back of your throat then spit it out. After that, repeat with the other nostril.

Oh, today is going to be a FUN day. And my left ear is clogged (you know that feeling you get when you reach high altitude on an airplane?) too. I can't yawn too wide-opened due to the fact that my throat is still raw and it's just not doable. Killer, is more like it.

Hopefully between the Day/Nyquil, Colloidal Silver (has anti-biotic uses, is natural), and Apple Cider Vinegar, this thing will be out of my system by Wednesday. I hope.

One warning: If you do decide to use Apple Cider Vinegar, beware that it can wash away the enamel on your teeth due to the high amount of alkaline that is in it. Sometimes to counter-attack that, rinsing your teeth with cold water may be able to help prevent it a little.

Hey- you can't say I didn't warn you about the TMI nature of this post!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, Blogger Donna @ Snowbound said...

Wow I hope you feel better soon!

 
At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhh...Sinus infections are the worst. Chugging apple cider vinegar? Ewwwww...but if it works it is well worth it! Hope you feel better soon.

 
At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suffered with a terrible virus for 2 months! Sore throat, laryngitis, sinus infection.
A friend suggested vinegar/salt/warm water gargling and sinus flushing.
IT WORKS! I went from 75% to 100%well in 2 days. Whew!! Next time I will use that first!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home