Monday, April 30, 2007

Did you know? (tip for dog owners)

That having a can or two of Pumpkin Puree (not the Pumpkin Pie one, just pure Pumpkin Puree) is recommended if you are a dog owner? While reading last month's issue of Dog Fancy, I stumbled upon this recommendation. If your dog develops a nasty bout of diarrhea, put about a tablespoon of the pumpkin puree into their kibble and let them eat it up. It's a natural way to heal your dog's problems.

We don't own any dogs (yet), but I thought that was rather interesting. I'm the type of person who always has cans of pumpkin puree on hand, just because. Now there is another use for it besides making pumpkin pie!

I have to wonder what pet owners are feeding their pets nowadays with the food recall that happened. What scares me is the thought of food contamination in OUR food supply as well. I wonder what the FDA is doing about that. I don't know about you, but I am extremely concerned about this. Hopefully things will be made right soon.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Blogger ©Jac said...

Is pumpkin puree and canned pumpkin the same thing?

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Yes, as long as it's not the canned PUMPKIN PIE PUREE, as long as it says PUMPKIN PUREE that's okay, as far as I know.

 
At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also wonder what people are feeding their animals these days. There is so much going on in the pet food industry now I'd be tempted to try things on my own.

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Me too. I hear a lot of people are actually feeding their pets homemade food nowadays. I started wondering about my Grandma's cats, but I forgot- she spoils them- they get TUNA.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home