Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Four Favorite food themes

FOUR of your favorite regional types of food (Country, state, city, etc):
1. California Chinese food (I don't know what the difference but it's definitely NOT the same up here in WA!).
2. Filipino food
3. Mexican food
4. Italian food

Four things you regularly bake or cook:
1. Homemade breads (sweet, fruit, etc)
2. Bibingka
3. Some sort of Rigatoni or Ziti bake
4. Taco Salad

Four of your favorite foods/dishes:
1. Chicken or pork adobo
2. Roasted potatoes & peppers
3. Fried rice
4. Mashed potatoes

Four favorite drinks (can be alcoholic or non!)
1. Sweetened Iced Tea (no lemon!)
2. Jamba Juice's Aloha Pineapple Smoothie
3. Amaretto Cool Coffee Cloud from Mugshots (local coffee stand)
4. Frozen/slushy Margarita

Four favorite restaurants:
1. El Cazador (before it was bought out), Bellingham, WA
2. Great Wall, Monterey, CA
3. Black Forest, Everson, WA
4. For breakfast it's a tie: Cedars in Ferndale, WA or First Awakenings in Pacific Grove, CA

Four common staples found in your fridge/pantry:
1. Onions/garlic/peppers
2. Baking supplies (flour, baking soda/powder, sugars (white & brown), a variety of liquid extracts and spices)
3. Tuna
4. Pancake mix

Four favorite TV shows (food theme!):
1. 30 Minute Meals
2. $40/Day
3. Iron Chef America
4. Good Eats

Four favorite movies (food theme):
1. Joy Luck Club
2. What's Cooking?
3. Soul Food
4. Like Water for Chocolate

Four people to tag:
1. Kristen from Dine & Dish!
2. Fishermans Blues (to get ya blogging again!)
3. Escaping Suburbia (check out her photography, it's gorgeous!)
4. My lovely friend Over the Rainbow

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya! Did you ever check out "Big Night"?

You won't regret it!

Uh, thanks for the tag... lol.

 
At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice! you like jamba juice...that place rocks!

 
At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh..thanks for the tag! I'll get on this right away!

 
At 12:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Idea on recipes!
Thanks for putting up
I like the Mexican type..I also love sea-food a lot

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Kate, it's on its way from Netflix! I'll let you know what I think! :)

Anon, I wish we had a Jamba Juice closer to Bellingham, WA! I miss it, but everytime I go home to Monterey, CA, I usually grab a smoothie!

Kristen, can't wait to see it! Thank you!

Tony, seafood is something I need to venture into more. It's so much more healthy than other meats, and while I am not a fan of fish, I do like shrimp and salmon so I'm sure I could learn to cook with those.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home