Friday, April 20, 2007

Blog Challenge

If you were a potluck dish what would you be? Who would love you, and who wouldn't even try you?

If I were a potluck dish, I would probably be a hearty beef stew. I say this because I'm meaty, retain water pretty good (LOL), and full of vitamins (like from the veggies). I think those who love a comforting beef stew would love me, and vegans/vegetarians (because of the meat) as well as picky children wouldn't even try me (because of the veggies).

Maybe this is a bit stupid, but I could have said BIBINGKA! I know, I'm a woman obsessed with Filipino desserts lately.

Oops, forgot to add my recipe for Beef Stew, the one I make in the fall, as seen in this blog back in September last year!

Beef Stew

2 lbs beef chuck or stew meat (cut into 1-inch cubes)
1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cups beef broth
1 teaspoon Worchestershire Sauce
1 clove garlic
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon paprika
4 carrots, sliced
3 potatoes, diced
2 onions, chopped
1 stalk celery, sliced

1. Place meat in crockpot. Mix flour, salt and pepper, and pour over meat, stir to coat meat with flour.
2. Add remaining ingredients and stir to mix well.
3. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
4. Stir thoroughly and serve!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beef stew... love it! I had to laugh out loud at the retains water. I so hear you on that one!

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Yeah and the older I get the more it just retains. *sigh*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home