Wednesday, May 02, 2007

I'll never live these moments down

Ever.

When I was about 11 years old, my father took us to Chuck E. Cheese for some fun. Well, while we were getting ready to eat the pizza, I saw the jar of red pepper flakes on the table and yelled out, "ooh! Bacon Bits!", and proceeded to dump it on my pizza. A couple of bites later I was howling and my father, who heard me and didn't warn me, tried not to laugh. I ran to the bathroom to splash cold water in my mouth.

More recently, my husband took us out to Black Angus on a date and I ordered mashed potatoes which came with a tub of white cream I thought was sour cream, so I started piling it on my potatoes. I took one bite and started saying, MY MOUTH!!! OWWW! and my husband was just laughing at me- told me I put horseradish on my potatoes! Yuck!

I swear, there are some things we do in life that are so boneheaded you can't live them down. Frankly, I think it was a bit mean of my father to not warn me! To this day, he'll toss me a package of red pepper flakes if we're eating pizza asking, "Do you want some Bacon Bits?". Jerk.

2 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, Blogger jouettelove said...

lol, that kinda cracked me up (sorry ;) your dad sounds like he has a sense of humor anyway, right?

p.s. i hate politics too, so freaking depressing.

 
At 6:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny! I remember doing something similar to that when I was little.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home