Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Did you know

that if you are dealing with a sore throat that causes obstructive breathing problems, like sleep apnea, or drooling for no apparent reason that you should go to the ER asap? It's called Tonsillitis and I'm pretty sure that is what I have (the ER doctor was positive that is what I have as well). Last night I could not sleep at all. I woke my husband and daughter up at 5:30am and had him take us to the ER. Turns out my right ear is infected (it's always the one I think is okay), I have an upper respiratory infection, and possible Tonsillitis or Strep Throat. I got home and took a look at my throat and the doctor was right- it's swollen. Almost swollen shut. I am on antibiotics and will be using Vicodin for the pain.

I just hope to god this swelling goes down because it's seriously making my life miserable- can't swallow, it hurts, can't drink or eat, because it hurts, can't sleep because I can't breathe. At least we caught it.

I scheduled a follow up with my GP, who is no longer with the practice I go to! I'm so bummed too, but I guess I'll be seeing their male doctor now. I've never had a problem seeing male doctors to tell the truth, one of the best doctors I ever had was a male. Hopefully with the antibiotics, rest and everything it'll get better soon.

Off to rest!

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger jouettelove said...

ouch, that sounds so painful--feel better soon, girl.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Mazenbloo said...

Ouch!! I hope you are feeling better soon!! That stuff is NO fun!

 
At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes, girl, I hope you feel better very soon! Hooray for antibiotics.

 
At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to get tonsillitis as a kid all the time until I finally had my tonsils out. It is miserable stuff! Hope you are better soon.

 
At 11:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for you! I had that quite often when I was a kid! It's no fun, but my mom had it as an adult and I remember her saying that's it's harder when your grown up! Take care of yourself! Hugs.

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger ©Jac said...

Oh I hope you are feeling better! ((PITNT))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home