Monday, June 25, 2007

Jonesin' for some good Chinese food

On Saturday night we were trying to figure out what to do for dinner and I basically told my husband to go to the local grocery store (Haggen's) and to their chinese Panda-express-like place to get what we call "Haggenese", but they shut down before we even got there, which was a bummer, so we ended up with pizza, which does NOT satisfy a Chinese food craving!

I've been to Kowloon Garden in Bellingham on Meridian Street as it was highly recommended by my SIL, but I wasn't too thrilled with it, and I think the reason why was due to the fact that the Chow Mein up here is different- you have to specify whether you want regular soft noodles or crispy noodles, otherwise they give you crispy noodles, which I hate. In California, it's always soft noodles. Their other entrees were okay. I've been to a couple of other places randomly out here, but I haven't found a Chinese restaurant that has wowed me yet. The next one I am going to try is also on Meridian Street (in the opposite direction from Kowloon Garden) called Orientoo, apparently they are really good.

What I need to do is just find my birth certificate and go up to Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada one of these days!! I think I'd be in multicultural food heaven!

If you are a local to Whatcom County and have any suggestions or recommendations, please feel free to comment or leave me an email (in my profile), I'd love to hear what you like out here!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home