Thursday, June 14, 2007

That is what I am talking about



Pineapple Banana Bread. Siuan of Not Just Cheesecake said it came from an issue of Home Cooking. All I can say is, heaven. Pure heaven. Not too sweet but just right. Overripe bananas and the pineapple bits give this weird texture of sweet and sour at the same time. It was wonderful as a breakfast bread, a dessert bread, and even as a small snack in the mid-afternoon. Thank you so much, Siuan! Mine came out to 2 loaves but I really piled the dough mixture into my loaf pans, so three is definitely more like it.



RECIPE:

1 cup butter, softened
2 2/3 cups sugar
1/4 cup honey
3 eggs
1 tbs. vanilla
4 ripe bananas, mashed
1 (20oz) can crushed pineapple
4 1/2 cups flour
1 cup chopped walnuts
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 3 (8 x 5 x 3 inch)large loaf pans.
In a large bowl, beat butter with sugar and honey; beat in eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in banana and pineapple. Stir in flour, walnuts, cinnamon , baking soda and salt until moistened. Pour into prepared loaf pans. Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cook 10 minutes. Remove from psn. Makes 3 loaves.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 11:56 PM, Blogger Donna @ Snowbound said...

Yes, it's so good! I'm going to have to make this one again. I've only done it the once but you've reminded me. I also finally printed off that Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle to try, I think for Father's Day. My dad loves trifle.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger jouettelove said...

yum! i am so going to make this one for the hubster tomorrow, thanks for the recipe :)

 
At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh delicious! How could this not be great?

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Thistlemoon said...

Yummy! I love pineapple!

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Thanks again Siuan...I am going to bake a few of these for the bake sale we have for the PTO next school year! Hopefully it'll be a hit. My pumpkin bread sold out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home