Tuesday, June 05, 2007

NFB: Dentists don't scare me

I've decided to try to find a part-time job during the summer before my trip to California, mainly because today I found out that I have the beginnings of gum/Periodontal Disease and while it's nothing compared to the costs of getting my husband's mouth fixed, it is going to definitely put a crimp in our wallet. I don't want my husband to have to foot the bill, so I decided to start looking for a job. I'm considering doing some baby-sitting over the summer to trying to find a weekend job.

Ahh you have to love genetics. My father's side deals with it, my dad has plenty of issues and had to have a bridge put in. Luckily I am not at that point. It was caught early enough that we can prevent it with some work. My dental insurance is good enough and will pay a good amount for the work done, which is great, but at the same time, it's still going to cost a pretty penny. What it boils down to was the lack of preventative care in the past, and now I have to try to avoid it from getting any worse.

It's funny, but I have never feared the dentist. Even with the scraping instruments and all, I am never scared of them. This is coming from a woman who couldn't wait for labor and delivery of her own child! (Yes, I realize I am bizarre.) I don't know how or why, I guess maybe I just figure it's a part of life and there's nothing to fear but fear itself. (Yeah, right!)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:58 PM, Blogger sher said...

I wish I could relax more when I go to the dentist. Good for you that you don't get flop sweat like me! :):)

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Well let's see if I start freekin out when it comes to the deep cleaning part! LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home