Saturday, February 14, 2009

Wow it's been a while

I am very terrible at this. Things have been incredibly busy since November and things are finally slowing down (thank god!). First off, a shout out to paguy54- I am glad the recipe worked well for you! Thank you for stopping by my blog!

So there have been many changes to our household since I last blogged. No, I am not pregnant (hahahahhaha, that would be the day!), but we found a house we liked and moved, get this, on December 27th. December was a completely terrible month and due to unforeseen circumstances we had to get out of the apartment we were renting before the new year (long story short, the landlord upped the rent incredibly high and we did not have a lease so we said forget it, we'll find a new place). On top of this we had a lot of snow which made it impossible to get to work (eventually my hubby drove me in his 4wd SUV). We had so much snow it crippled a lot of stuff for everyone in our county, even in the entire state of Washington. It made moving a challenge but luckily by December 27th we started thawing out. We found a 2 bed, 1 bath house near where we were living. The owners are very nice and are interested in possibly selling this to us in the next 2-3 years, so we're going to take that into consideration. It has 1/4 acre of land (loving it!), a carport, a huge utility room with a washer and dryer, and a huge kitchen which you know I am absolutely in love with! There are a lot of quirks with this house though- a lot of work needs to be done to it- such as replacing all windows. They are singlepane and the house stays very cold. We also need to have the drywall replaced as it seems like it needs to be. We also need to update the kitchen, because it's very 70's Brady Bunch. We're talking orange countertops, brown linenoleum, and 70's appliances. That said, I absolutely love my kitchen. I do not have a dishwasher but I am fine with that. My oven is on the wall and that is something I've always wanted. It's very exciting to have a HOUSE!

After we moved in and the weather started cooperating (warming up and melting), we ended up with some flooding in our county. It was so bad in certain spots that the river actually crested and flooded some major areas. We were not affected and no one we knew was, but it was pretty scary to see the river so high. January is a month I'll never forget.

Work is going great- I just passed my 90 day probation period in the new department I am in and am doing great. I also celebrated my first year anniversary with my company.

My daughter is doing good in school, still has her moments of can't stop talking-itis (then again she is my daughter), but is doing well. She has adapted very well to the move, and has several friends in this area she can play with and ride bikes with. It makes me feel good to see she has a lot of different friends she can play with, and the neighborhood we live in is very nice.

Other than that, we are doing good- my husband is still employed, thank god, and work has picked up. I feel incredibly lucky to have survived the anxiety and craziness of the holiday season and the move. We are very blessed.

2 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger Sara Beth said...

Yay! you finally blogged! Well worth the wait. I'm so proud of you guys and so thankful for where you are in your lives. Just to think: only a couple years ago life was VERY different for you guys. I still remember the heart ache I had when you guys were living with his grandparents. That was a rough time. I still get choked up thinking about it because I am just so thankful your needs are being met. I love and miss you. I want to visit soon. I am praying for the right timing.

Maybe in the fall.

As for cant stop talking-itis, just proves she a writer :) it runs in the family you me and mom always have something to say. And that something usually tends to be PRETTY LONG. Hence, this comment.
I love you!

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Donna @ Snowbound said...

Glad to see you writing. I hope you write more. I'm missing reading all your adventures and insights and recipes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home