Friday, September 05, 2008

School's back in session

and with that is one happy momma! We had a wonderful summer but I am relieved that school is back in session, especially for my daughter's sake. This year is third grade and so begins the arduous task of getting her ready to take the WASL in the Spring (don't get me started on that!). It should be interesting, needless to say.

As usual we have been incredibly busy here with everything from work to doctor's to a mini vacation we took last weekend down in Anacortes. We visited Deception Pass and Deception State Park, which is absolutely beautiful. I loved the bridge, but going on it and trying to walk across was another story. I have a big fear of heights and I could not even get a quarter of the way across without feeling dizzy and nauseous. I'm still glad we were able to go down there to see it- it truly is a sight to behold! Here are some pictures from our trip:

The Deception Pass sign at the bridge:



I thought this was cool, it kind of reminded me of the movie The Goonies (someday I will get my butt down to Astoria, Oregon and see it for myself!), and there seems to be little caves down there!



Here is the bridge in all of her glory- truly amazing structure but scary look down!



And finally, a picture of my daughter on the beach in the Deception State Park:


This is probably our first real trip together as a family ever, which was nice. I am looking forward to going down there again next year!

Other than that, soccer season has begun and my daughter is gearing up with practices for her games. We are looking forward to see how much she has grown during this season (her third soccer season). She just finished some swimming lessons recently as well, and I plan on enrolling her in more eventually, just with soccer on her plate at the moment there's not a lot of room for anything else (or I will create burn out for her and myself!).

I am continuing my fight trying to lose this weight, so far so good, just going to keep plugging along and am trying to get assistance with a nutritionist to achieve my goals faster (hopefully). One of these days I'll actually get back to what my blog was about in the past and write about food and how retraining myself in the food department has changed me. I will say this much for now- Tillamook has great ice cream and cheese- but their yogurt? So yummy. Not exactly low-calorie but it does not contain that High Fructose Corn Syrup junk and it's low in fat. Tillamook makes some good stuff. I will also add that Ezekiel bread is DELICIOUS!

Til next time!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, Blogger Sara Beth said...

NICE:) so glad you guys got some time off and away

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Vinegar Martini said...

Happy third grade!

And your vacation time sounds blissfully amazing - what gorgeous scenery!

As for the weight thing - I'm with ya, sister. I was a baaaadd girl this summer and paying the price right now - but Exekiel bread is awesome, isn't it. Try the english muffins - they rock!

 
At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great trip! That bridge is amazing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home