Monday, October 27, 2008

Wow, where did October go?

We're already in the last week of October and I'm scratching my head. It has truly been a monumental month, needless to say. I turned 30 on the 11th, got a job in another (non-customer service) department and am transferring next week, soccer season just ended, and work has been incredibly busy lately.

With all of the craziness I decided I would start cooking again anyhow- I got into a mood to cook and pulled out this binder thing I am subscribing to (Great American Recipes or something) and made a few of their recipes. Of the few I made, Chicken Stroganoff and Spaghetti Lasagna were our favorites. The weirdest thing? I hate mushrooms. Now? I like them. It makes no sense at all, but I'm rolling with it. Miss Finicky (my daughter) even likes them, which surprised me as well. Now that it's getting colder, I'm getting in the mood to cook. It'll be no time before I pull out my good ole Crockpot Beef Stew recipe and make that again as well.

We're up in the Pacific Northwest, and I'm noticing that apples are more expensive this year (particularly my favorite- Honey Crisp) and that pumpkins are still green. It's very bizarre. We went to a local pumpkin patch a few weeks ago and we could not find a good pumpkin this year. We're probably going to pick up one at the grocery store. I read that it was just abnormally cold this year which is why the crops for pumpkins and apples are late bloomers this year. In any case, I cannot wait until Friday- and can I just reiterate how excited I am that Halloween happens to fall on a Friday night? How fun!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Blogger Donna @ Snowbound said...

Lasagna Spagetti sounds good. I too am finally getting in the mood to cook again lately. Nice to see you writing more often.
So cool you are transfering to another department, is that moving up? Sounds like things are good for the most part.

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Sara Beth said...

so what will you be doing for Halloween? It's SO cold here. I want some of your beef stew. I can't believe the year's almost over either.. I better just call you :) I'm at dad's house right now using his comp

 

Post a Comment

<< Home